Crestone Freebox Guidelines
What DO we take?
- Clean, gently used clothing for men, women & children
- Small kitchen appliances and household items
- Books, magazines, CD’s, etc.
- Children’s toys, games, etc.
- Office supplies
- Artwork, Jewelry
- Tools & small construction supplies
- Other small items that are not broken, dirty or inappropriate (remember children use this space)
What DON’T we take?
- Mattresses, large furniture (couches, chairs, desks, etc.)
- Electronics that need recycling – large TV’s, computers, etc.
- Underwear (unless it is new with a tag on it)
- Dirty, ragged, torn, stained, or wet clothes
- Food (we are in bear country- fed bears are dead bears) – Drop off human & pet food at Crestone Food Bank – 182 E. Galena ; Wednesdays ONLY from 9am-Noon
- Greasy, broken auto parts
- Single shoes
- Bad pillows
- No chemical-based light bulbs
- Guns, Drugs or illegal items
- Insecticides or other chemicals
- USED makeup and beauty products /OPENED supplements, vitamins, etc.
- Any other items that just don’t make sense or are dangerous to children
What CAN you take?
- Any items that you need, want or feel you can use.
- Empty boxes or plastic bags
What CAN’T you take?
PLEASE do not take any of our items that help us to organize the space.
- Hangers, Organizing bins
- Trash Cans/Trash Bags
- Other infrastructure items of the Freebox
How to use the Freebox with respect!
- The Freebox is a COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITY – please help clean, organize and rearrange items
- Sort and stock any items you bring & organize by the labels and categories. Do not drop off bags & boxes and expect someone else to do it for you.
- The dumpster & trash can are here for cleaning the Freebox. DO NOT bring household trash to dump here.
- Cleaning – please wipe off shelves from dirt & dust
- Bulletin Boards
Top – for organizers only
Bottom – for community posts on the following:
- Photos/info about items that are too large for Freebox that are FREE
- Other Items for barter, trade, free
- Events, projects, programs that are related to reducing consumption, recycling goods, closing waste stream loops
To Volunteer: https://signup.com/go/WjeadGO